Alert Level 2 Operations
What you need to know
As announced by the Prime Minister on Monday, the country will be moving to alert Level 2 on Thursday May 14th. This is exciting news as it means we can open again and we are thrilled to announce our doors will be open from 5am this Thursday, Swimming Pool from 6am. Group fitness classes will resume on Monday 18th May.
The pandemic has certainly changed how we all live, and we have spent this time in Level 3 preparing the centre for re-opening. All our operations have been reviewed to comply with government regulations, along with our own stringent health and safety standards to keep our members and staff safe and healthy as we open our doors again.
You will see below we have outlined what we are doing as a centre to keep you safe and what we need from you as our members to help us keep you safe too!
What we are doing to keep you safe and things you need to know BEFORE you visit the centre:
• A deep clean of the entire centre prior to reopening has commenced.
• You will be required to Sign In and Sign Out when entering/leaving the centre to ensure we can efficiently contact trace and monitor numbers in the building.
• There will be frequent routine cleaning of equipment and facilities throughout the day.
• Frequent sanitisation of the centre’s facilities.
• Multiple sanitiser stations as well as our spray bottles and paper towels in the gym.
• Group fitness classes will be limited to a certain number of members per class to allow safe distancing between members. These classes MUST be booked ahead of time by phoning reception on 03 789 8316. And we kindly ask if you book a class that you ensure you attend to avoid disappointing those who may have missed out.
• Our group fitness classes have been reduced to 40 minutes. This is to allow for extra cleaning time and to avoid congestion of members between classes.
• The group fitness timetable has been altered with some classes being changed or put on hold due to physical distancing restrictions. We will let you know as soon as we have the green light for these to resume.
• Yoga and Stretch mats have been removed from the centre. You will be required to bring your own to classes.
• Tribe is not currently running but we will have some more exciting news on Tribe soon!
• Some equipment has been marked ‘out of order’ to allow a safe distance between members.
• The Lap pool is open for lane swimming and the entire lap pool will be laned so no “free play” at present.
• The Leisure & Hydro pool – open for pre-schooler’s and one parent between 11am-1pm.
• General swimming is currently unavailable. We will advise when this can resume.
• Aqua Aerobics starts Tuesday 19th May. Class numbers are limited and bookings essential, please phone reception on 03 789 8316 to book.
• Swim lessons start Monday 18th May.
• Our drinking fountain and water refill stations will be closed. Please bring a filled water bottle with you.
• Limited showers and toilets will be available within the centre.
Please help us make healthy happen when you visit the centre by doing the following:
• Please Sign In at the front door on entry – don’t forget to Sign Out when you leave.
• Gym towels are a MUST have for entry into the centre when coming to the gym or a class.
• BYO Yoga mats are required for Yoga classes.
• Please wash your hands regularly and use our hand sanitiser where requested.
• Please respect social distancing practices when moving around the centre and using equipment.
• Swipe Cards must be brought with you.
• Please wipe down equipment with our spray and wipe down before and after each use.
• Please honor your commitment to any group fitness classes you book.
• Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
AND, Lastly, we have saved the best for last. We have one BIG EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT for you. Because you are loyal and valued customers and we are incredibly grateful for your support…. Drumroll please….. we have decided ALL current memberships will remain on hold until 31st May 2020! That’s 17days of a FREE Membership’s for you because we think you deserve it! What more of a perfect reason to get back into the centre to kick start those fitness goals. And no, you don’t need to do a thing when it comes to altering payments.
We cannot wait to unlock the doors this Thursday and welcome you back!
Thank you for being a valued member of our community helping us to make healthy happen.
See you all soon!